LFC 21 Day Fast 2013
ON YOUR MARK…GET SET….
January 6, 2013
I KNOW IT’S CLOSE BUT IT’S NOT QUITE TIME TO GO…. YET!
I am so excited to hear the buzz of people who have been talking already about this year’s fast. They are sharing personal internal and external goals for the fast, what they will be fasting, how they will be fasting, how long they will be fasting. People are already sending requests, coming into the office for fasting guidance and encouraging other family and friends to fast with them. IT IS TRULY AN EXCITING TIME! IT’S TIME FOR LIFE IN THE ‘FAST’ LANE!
ON YOUR MARK…
This year, I encourage you to fast AT LEAST ONE THING for the entire 21 days. Whether you do the Daniel Fast, a series of 3 day fasts, a sun-up to sun-down fast or fast a certain item or items that God is dealing with you about—commit to fasting something for the duration. Why? Because it is important for us spiritually to take a challenge that God places in front of us and COMPLETE or finish it, not as we see it being finished, but in obedience to exactly how God has specifically laid it out for us.
This the first reason we may not be ready individually to GO….YET! You see the race we are to run has been designed by our Creator-before we were born. HE SETS THE MARK-NOT US. This means we really don’t have a say in how long the race will be, what type of terrain it is or the number of obstacles we may face in our spiritual race. The Bible says simply, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, (Hebrews 12:1 KJV)”
Read the passage again. Our job is not to “fix” the race; it has already been “set before us” by God Himself. Our job is not to choose what type of race we’d like to run in (even Jesus said, Lord not My Will, but Thine be done). Our Job is to JUST RUN! Don’t try to “fix” the fast–sincerely pray and ask God how you are to fast and then JUST FAST!
RUN THE RACE THAT GOD HAS SET FOR YOU PERSONALLY!
FAST THE FAST THAT GOD HAS SET FOR YOU PERSONALLY!
This FAST won’t be easy on the body and mind but will bring refreshment for your spirit and soul. This Holy Ghost ordained adventure will inspire and rejuvenate you. FIND YOUR MARK….Let God tell you what, and how to fast. That is your starting point to a successful fast–your Mark!
It’s now time to set yourself for the Race (the 21 Day Fast)! This means put yourself in the best position to have a great start. Don’t just get in the starting blocks on the day of the race but prepare yourself in advance of race day. Do some things to prepare yourself for the fast and have some tools at your disposal to help you complete the race. HERE’S A GREAT GUIDELINE.
- PRAY: Fasting without prayer is a spiritual exercise in frustration. It’s not even a good diet. Fasting without prayer is powerless and…It IS miserable. Remember, we are vessels. We are not meant to be empty but full. So when you empty your body of things it is used to having–it’s your job to fill it with God things that will satisfy your Spirit more than what you’ve deprived your Body of.
- STUDY: Study your Bible! After all, it’s God’s Word. I also recommend Jentezen Franklin’s book, “FASTING” or his newest one, “THE FASTING EDGE”.
- PREPARE: If you’re doing the Daniel Fast, we’ll have links to recipes you can use. Remove tempting foods from your home, vehicle and office now–that means all those sweets from Christmas! Fill your house with things you can eat. Don’t wait until you’re hungry to shop for the fast.
- CONNECT: Go to our church website at www.lfcfay.com and sign up for the daily fasting blog. Detailed instructions on how to navigate to our special page is at the bottom of this blog.
- TESTIFY: Give God glory by sharing breakthroughs, miracles and prayers answered. See how in the next paragraph.
So here are a few of the tools in the FASTING blog you may find helpful you while on your fast!
- A thought for the day-something to meditate on and even add to.
- Scriptures for you to fight the enemy with. Just like Jesus did!
- Testimonies of miracles, blessings and revelations that other people are enjoying during the fast. We get to rejoice with those who rejoice! (send your testimony to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prayer requests that may come in from time to time. (send them to the same email address – please specify if you want your name published or not)
- Recipes you can use-some our own, some sent in from other “fasters” (feel free to email recipes your family likes).
- And much more (links, fasting devos, songs, etc.)
HERE’S HOW YOU GET THE DAILY LFC FASTING BLOG!
Go to http://www.lfcfay.com/about/our-church/fast/ for a complete listing sorted by date. To receive updates, complete the registration form on the right side of the page under Online Community. You will be notified by email on a daily basis about new blog posts.
Tomorrow is our first day of the fast!
Are you……. ON YOUR MARK: Have you prayerfully determined how God wants you to fast?
Did you…….GET SET: Did you do the necessary prep work to be successful and spiritually position your spirit for the fast?
Day 1 tomorrow……….See YOU in the fast lane!