LFC 21 Day Fast 2013
DAY 4…THE POWER OF INTERCEDING!
January 10, 2013
25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:25-28 KJV)
What powerful scripture to use as we get ready to pray together for the various needs that people have sent in. Let’s look at the passage, verse by verse to see exactly what it means to intercede in prayer.
Verse 25: According to the Bible, we know that faith is the evidence of things not seen (not yet happened). But hope is the expectation of things not seen. It is important when you pray to “expect” to see results that can only come from God. What are you “expecting” God to do for you and for these requests today? You’ve prayed, now be patient and let God do things His way, in His time.
Verse 26: Another word for “infirmities” is weakness. Sometimes our weakness is we don’t know HOW to pray about something. When that happens we receive a “pre-miracle”….The Holy Spirits “intercedes” or pleads with God on our behalf-saying prayers that we can’t seem to find the words for.
Verse 27: For a Christian, this is a very comforting passage of scripture. When we can’t get a grasp on how to pray or what words to use in our prayers; God, Himself, searches our heart and locates our heart’s desire and acts on it! That is an Awesome God!
Verse 28: This scripture needs no explanation. It’s one of the most precious promises from our Heavenly Father. One comment though: I see ALL of God’s power and providence at work at the very moment you need Him most…and it’s all for your good!
- Scott Sutton’s son, Noah, has pneumonia and is wheezing constantly.
- Mike and Shelley Fanning’s daughter, Mercedes is very sick with fever.
- Shayne and Kristin Taylor’s son, Asher has the flu and must be quarantined for a week.
- My sister, Carol Shadrick is at home, sick.
- A family asks for you to agree with them in prayer for God’s choice on their very first home purchase.
- A lady asks prayer for her family; that she have strength and wisdom to battle against satan’s plot to disrupt her family.
- The plumber our church uses requests prayer for his wife. She could be facing surgery for kidney stones if what the doctors did Wednesday doesn’t work.
- Brandon Faulkenberry’s wife, Mary. Cancer prognosis.
Now, let’s agree together today for these requests. If you have a request you would like us to add, I’ll make a spot each day for new ones when they come in. Just send them to: email@example.com
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 18:19 KJV)
Expect a miracle!
God Bless! Have a great day! – Pastor Steve