LFC 21 Day Fast
January 19, 2013
DO YOU BELIEVE GOD IS IN CONTROL AND ANSWERS PRAYER?
In today’s modern world sometimes it is hard for us to rely on the power of prayer. Man has accomplished so much that often we look for solutions to life’s problems in the natural world before ever seeking God. As a result, our prayer life spirals into a watered down ritual which produces a weak and ineffective faith which, in turn, produces an even weaker prayer life. You see, a negative life cycle develops when you don’t spend time with God.
Hebrews 11:6 says, (KJV) – But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
God loves to give out rewards! Not, buttons or prizes or cash–no real, life-changing rewards.
But two things must happen for God to be able to operate freely in your life.
- You must believe in Him.
- Believe He rewards seekers.
DEVOTION SCRIPTURES: 2 KINGS 20:1-6
EFFECTIVE PRAYERS! Let’s examine three things in Hezekiah’s life that made his prayer life effective.
- Hezekiah walked before God in truth and with a perfect heart.
- Hezekiah served God with his whole heart
- Hezekiah, prayed! He asked God to intervene in his life!!
What does it mean to walk before God?
If we hope to have a prayer life that truly makes a difference we need to understand what it means to walk before God.
- Romans 8:1 ” There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
- Eph 4:1, “I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called” Tells us to walk worthy of task God has asked you to do.
- Eph 5:2, “ And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling aroma.
- 1 John 2:6, “ He who abides in Him ought himself to walk as He walked “
What does it mean to serve God with your whole heart?
- It means to serve Him with love, Deuteronomy 6:5, “ And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. “
- It mean to serve Him in obedience, Psalm 119:34, “ Give me understanding and I shall keep your law: indeed I shall observe it with my whole heart.”
- It means to serve Him with trust, Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.”
- Jesus sums this concept up in Matt 22:37, “ Jesus said unto him, you shall love the Lord your God with all your soul and with all your mind.”
WE JUST HEARD JESUS REPEAT WHAT HIS FATHER TOLD MOSES ALMOST 1400 YEARS EARLIER! (See #1) UNDENIABLE PROOF THAT LOVING GOD WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE IS VITAL TO YOUR SPIRITUAL EXISTENCE!
What does it mean to really pray to God?
- If you really want God to act on your behalf, if you are really tired of sin, if you really need help, then you need to ask God!
- Jer 29:13, “29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
- John, 14:14, “ If you ask anything in my name I will do it. “
- John 15:7, “ If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”
Go ahead! ASK! And you shall receive!! I’m expecting the miraculous because we are agreeing together-not just to fast-but to PRAY!
SEE YOU SUNDAY AS WE WRAP UP WEEK 2!
Be sure and send testimonies or prayer requests! -Pastor Steve