LFC 21 Day Fast
How To End Your Fast
January 26, 2013
In less than 48 hours we will have already completed our 21-day Corporate Fast. And so I wanted to post a few points of advice about ending your fast. Even if you are not concluding your fast (some have been led to continue past 21 days, others believe they now have a new way of life so in a way their fast is ongoing) please keep this information in mind. It is important.
- Ease back into your “typical diet.” This is especially true with caffeine, sugar, fatty foods, meat and dairy products. Small portions are wise and go slow, perhaps just one or two foods per day.
- For caffeine beverages, drink one small cup or glass and then see how your body reacts. Don’t be surprised if you get the “jitters.” Consider starting with de-caf (I realize that’s almost criminal for those of you who love the java).
- Don’t be surprised if you feel tired after you start eating the “typical foods.” Your body has been detoxed over the 21-day Fast and it might scoff at what it has to digest!
- Continue to drink lots of filtered water, at least 1/2 gallon a day. Also, consider the lessons you’ve learned and the good habits you’ve adopted on the LFC 21-day fast. Don’t leave them behind, but let them become a regular part of your life. This includes your prayer and study time with the Lord as well as improved eating habits.
- Finally, while we always fast collectively at the beginning of each New Year, consider fasting at other times of the year. Parents, consider this: pray and then fast from dawn to dusk on your children’s birthdays. If you have pressing issues or circumstances facing you, consider a time of consecrated prayer and fasting. Some people fast during Pentecost seeking the Lord’s direction for some personal business matters.
- KEEP YOUR PRAYER LIFE STRONG THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!
SUNDAY NIGHT’S THEME: We fasted for FAVOR: now we PRAISE!
Sunday night will mark the end of our 21 days of fasting and prayer. Already, God has moved mightily; bringing healing, deliverance and miraculous breakthrough. We are seeing the evidence of God’s promise to us in His Word:
James 4:8 (KJV)
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Join us as we “Celebrate Jesus” Sunday night. You don’t want to miss this exciting and wonderful time of praise and worship as we honor the King of all Kings! IT’S ALL ABOUT JESUS!