Tuesday, January 14th, 2014
TODAY IS OUR PRAYER DAY!
It is important to be specific in your prayers. Remember, Jesus instructed us “When you pray…..and then He gave clear prayer points for us to use in our daily prayer life. Notice also that every prayer must be in the context that what we pray for will exalt the Kingdom of God. “FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM, AND THE POWER AND THE GLORY-FOREVER, AMEN!”
- Unity in the Family of God – Pray that the Christian Nation would operate as one and will not give in to the evil spirits of envy, jealousy and strife (James 3:16; Amos 3:3)
- Deliverance and Breakthrough – That men and women will be healed, set free and delivered; that they would be restored. Pray that all people will meet God face to face; that they will desire and know how to seek God with their whole heart. Pray that each man, woman and child will experience the love of God and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit will be in full operation. (Hebrews 2:15; 1st Timothy 4:14, Galatians 5:13, Song of Solomon 2:14; Psalm 23:3)
- Financial Blessing for the Kingdom of God – That the members of LFC will blessed financially. That our Christian businesses, companies and services will expand and find profit so we may be able to fulfill every Kingdom need. That each Christian job will find stability and increase so they may give to the Kingdom in a greater measure. (2 Corinthians 9:10)
- That LFC will have Greater Influence City-Wide, Regional, State, Nationally and Internationally – Pray that LFC seek the face of God for more souls to be saved and thus won for the Kingdom of God. Pray that LFC will continue to gain influence among our civic, business and government leadership. That we will be a beacon of hope for our community that shines brighter than ever before. (Psalm 2:8; Matthew 5:14-16; Isaiah 54:2-5)
- Health of our Members – Pray that anyone with sickness be healed in the name of Jesus Christ. Rebuke new disease, sickness or infirmity from attaching itself to to God’s family. (Isaiah 53:4-5; 1st Peter 2:24)
- A Great Harvest Through Increased Volunteerism In Our Ministries – Pray that Godly wisdom be given to the teachers/preachers/leaders of our ministries That more people will offer their time and talents and seek a place of service in the church. That the Spirit of God would guide each service and ministry; that each one will point people to Christ. That a steady fire fall upon our ministries to the ministries . (John 4:35; Matthew 9:38)
- Marriages – Pray God’s blessings upon the marriages of LFC, that He would help the men and women fulfill their godly roles in the home and that they would become spiritual leaders to each member of their own family. (Hebrews 13:4; Genesis 2:18; Proverbs 18:22; 1st Peter 3:7)
- Rebuke Hindrances – That any oppressive or hindering spirit be rebuked and bound so that each family can operate in the freedom of The Kingdom of God. (Matthew 16:19; Romans 8:37)
- Leading of the Holy Ghost – Pray that God would consume, saturate, lead, guide, strengthen, and protect the members of LFC by the Holy Spirit; that we would walk in humility and be broken before God. Pray that we will walk in the power of God, seeing signs, miracles and wonders in our midst. (Romans 8:14; John 10:1-5)
- God’s Will – Pray that God would keep LFC in the center of His will (Luke 22:42; Proverbs 16:7)
USE THE SCRIPTURE WHEN YOU PRAY
I shared these scriptures for each prayer point. Open up your Bible and see what God has to say about these prayer points and pray accordingly.
We love you all and thank God for your desire to move closer to God, both individually and corporately.
– Pastor Steve
Key Verses: 2 Timothy 23-26
Prayer Point: cause me to be kind whether others deserve it or not
TODAY’S PERSONAL PURSUIT
Employed by: Tyson’s Foods
Kris is married to Jade and they are proud parents of Kaden, their son. He is a graduate of the University of Arkansas with a Doctorate in Biological Engineering. Kris and Jade were invited by Dee and Josh Malone to LFC’s Faith and Fitness ministry in 2012 and have been a part of the Living Faith Church family ever since.
To me, the Pursuit of God is a continual, non-stop adventure. You never know what tomorrow may hold, and therein lies the beauty. Sometimes our path may seem tortuous and full of obstacles and difficulties that test us. Often times we don’t understand why we have to endure these hardships, but we need to remain thankful and focused on our pursuit. After all, as Christians we know that the prize of Heaven is well worth whatever we may endure.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
James 1: 2-4 My brothers and sisters, think of the various tests you encounter as occasions for joy. After all, you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. Let this endurance complete its work so that you may be fully mature, complete, and lacking in nothing.
– Kris Bunnell
DANIEL FAST SNACK RECIPE
Shared by Michelle O’Connor
Crispy Kale “Chips”
1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes. Serve as finger food.